By Hitman | September 14, 2012
Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) is the hottest advertising for cleaners since Google.
If you want to dominate any neighborhood, follow this quick checklist.
P.S. If you do any direct mail marketing to prospective clients, you should look into this.
- Choose your ideal neighborhood. With EDDM, you can pick the route you want to target and mail to the entire route. Target only the best neighborhoods in town.
- Avoid mailing to apartment complexes and lower income homes. In most cases, EDDM can avoid apartments and low-income homes.
- Develop a killer unique selling position. Here’s where the thought process and your inner marketing brain comes in. Set yourself apart from your competition in your postcard.
- Create a killer offer. Don’t do the 5 rooms for $XX stuff. Again, set yourself apart from your competition. Create a different offer that none of your competitors are doing.
- Begin to compose your large postcard. With EDDM, your postcard is at least 6.5 x 9 inches. Many are even larger, up to 14 inches longer.
- Grab attention with your headline. Write a headline that boasts your offer or gives a huge benefit to your prospect.
- Make them an offer they can’t refuse. Through the postcard, make your killer offer.
- Call them action. Tell them to call you or they’ll lose out on the benefits you’ve given and your offer.
- Give them a deadline. Don’t just tell them to call. Tell them to call give a certain date within the next three or four weeks.
- Include the EDDM stamp insignia on the postcard. Also include the send to address with “Postal Customer” along with city, state and zip.
- Send your postcard off for printing.
- Take your postcard to your local post office. Bundle them in groups of 50 or 100.