By Hitman | December 20, 2011
(Print This Out Now!)
Here’s your action plan. Make a commitment to do at LEAST EIGHT of these things. This is about massive action. Doing just one or two of these may not be enough.
The bitter truth that no one ever tells you about marketing is that everything doesn’t always work every time. So if you want to stay busy, you MUST take action with several items.
- First and most importantly, mail a postcard or letter to EVERY SINGLE ONE of your current clients at the beginning of January and beginning of February. Include a killer offer.
- Mail a postcard to your clients who haven’t used your service in the past year. Remind them that they haven’t had cleaning in over a year. Include a killer offer.
- Run a Google Adwords pay-per-click campaign targeting your city with the main keywords for your service.
- Send an email newsletter to your prospects and clients with a special winter only offer.
- Set up a Google Remarketing campaign and get in front of prospects after they have seen your first message.
- Create a blog or post to your current blog. Post tips to help homeowners care for the carpet, tile, rugs, and other services you offer.
- Send a letter to 25 doctor, lawyer, or offices each week. Make sure you follow up with a phone call or at least one additional mailing.
- Put SEO strategies in place to rank higher in the search engines FREE.
- Post to Facebook, giving your Facebook subscribers a special winter offer.
- Create one new Social Media profile each week
- Create a mobile website so mobile users see your site.
- Send a letter to 25 Realtors, Interior Designers, or Flooring Retailers each week letting them know of your referral program. Go visit their office after the mailing and bring them goodies.
- Send a letter to 25 maid services, chimney sweeps, air duct cleaners, or other home service businesses in your area. Let them know of your referral program. Go visit them after the mailing (and yes, bring them goodies).
- Put 500 flyers on doorknobs of high-end homes each week. Make sure your offer is good enough to get them to call.
- Run an advertorial ad in the newspaper. Mention how winter is normally slow so you’re giving incredible specials on winter services like rug cleaning, tile cleaning, etc.
- Offer a FREE 60 or even 90 day “touch up cleaning” to help take the client’s risk away from the carpet getting dirty too soon. Mention this on the phone and in ads.
- At the end of each job, give the client a card with a special offer to get 25% off any additional service that is booked within the next 30 days.
- If you ran an ad in the past year that was successful, RUN IT AGAIN!
Do this if you’re in an area with VERY cold weather:
- Run a Google Adwords pay-per-click campaign. If you’re in an area where the weather is cold, target keywords for “water damage” and “frozen pipes.”
- Create a WordPress blog or post to your current blog. Post about freezing weather and the effects of frozen pipes. Gives tips to avoid water damage problems.
- In your email newsletters and snail mail postcards to clients, let them know of the dangers of freezing pipes and how you can help if pipes break.
- Send 25 letters to plumbers each week letting them know that you dry out homes that have flooded from frozen pipes. Offer an incentive to refer you. Call and visit the plumber offices. Bring them a box of donuts or chocolates.
You can get templates of all these ads on this list in my Ad of the Month Coaching Club. Plus, sign up before December 31st and get access to the “Get on Top of Google” Course FREE.
See www.Hitmanadvertising.com/coaching to get in.